Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Random Musings....

I know I need to do a least one more post from our trip. I have actually not spent a ton of time on the computer since arriving home! But I will do it! We have some great pics!
I LOVE being home though. It has been great! I have missed my bed terribly and am so glad to be sleeping in it again. It is nice to be back in the routine of things and just be home! I think the kids have been glad too. While I know Carter missed his friends, he has been hanging around the house more now than he was before we left. And one great thing about being home is that since Iowa is an hour ahead we have been getting to bed early and getting up early. Well, I should say earlier, than usual at least. That has been nice. I haven't been as tired and I have been able to get lots of things done during the last few days. It was nice to be back at church too. Everyone was so kind to us and said how much they missed us! Which I don't know how true that is, just it sure was nice to hear!
But since being home we have been busy! We, well the kids, got to get dressed up in our Halloween costumes on Sat. night for our ward's trunk-or-treat. That was a lot of fun! It was the cutest to see Lincoln, who quickly understood that people gave you candy, you put it into your bucket and then you go on to the next guy. Lincoln is a dog, Ella is a cow and Carter is a ghost! Carter's costume is the cutest! I, honestly, didn't take pictures, but will on Halloween night and I will post them then. Matt keeps saying, Ella is going to kill us when she gets older for having her wear a cow outfit, but she picked it out!
Sunday was ward conference and so Matt was super busy with all his stuff. But it was a really good church day. I enjoyed all our meetings and really got stuff out of Sunday School and Relief Society. Sunday night we had family birthdays at Jim and Bunni's! It was a lot of fun to see everyone after so long being away. I also spent a lot of time talking to my sister-in-laws, which I always enjoy doing.
Monday was back to the daily grind, but again it was nice to be back after the hiatus. This afternoon the kids and I went to a local pumpkin patch and picked out three pumpkins! It was just a farmer and the pumpkins couldn't be much cheaper! I was so glad I found someone who wasn't a "business" but just a "little man". I love supporting local farmers! I wanted to try and carve pumpkins for Family Home Evening, but it just wasn't going to happen. But we got them today and hopefully will carve them tomorrow, although, I think I will end up carving them with the kids by myself because Matt has his meetings tomorrow night- I had mine tonight. but that is okay- will be fun! You have to carve a pumpkins at Halloween time!
Although, I have no pics to post, I thought I would share what is going on in Jackie's wonderful life!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Well, I'm glad you're back too! It's nice to feel missed... :)
We just got our pumpkins on Monday and went to my parent's house to carve them...They are sitting on our front porch...already wilting away...lol. Oh well. It makes them look scarier...ah ha ha...