Monday, October 6, 2008

recommitted 2

Playing Conference Bingo with Ella and Carter!




Matt and the kids watching conference from the most

comfy chair in the house!!

This weekend was the wonderful conference weekend, as channel 5 constantly referred to it! We actually watched about 95% of it which is unusual for us because we normally watch all on Sun. but it is hit and miss on Sat. But Sat. it rained all day and so we just stayed in and enjoyed watching conference. I always enjoy conference and get stuff out of it, but this session for me was especially good. I really felt after watching it that I was rejuvenated and spiritually uplifted. It provided my with peace and the desire to be better. I really liked what president Monson said on Sunday morning in his talk about not waiting till tomorrow to do things. I feel like I do that all the time with the kids because they are so little, that I think ok- I will do _____ when they get older, or that I can really do or enjoy this or that when they are in school or 10 years from now. I have a hard time living for today, but his talk, while it made me feel guilty, but in a good way cause it made me want to try harder and do better. I also love the feeling that I had that I, and those who are related to me, or go to church with me, are not the only ones trying to do what is right and live better. But that there is a whole 13 million people across the world who are striving to be more Christ-like. It really made me feel at peace. I am grateful for that twice yearly spiritual grounding and recentering.

No comments: