Saturday, October 18, 2008

Montrose- Part 1 of Many

I haven't written in forever, despite my recommitted post, but that is because we are on vacation! Well, sorta vacation, not to like Disneyland or anywhere truly "exciting", but to Montrose, Iowa- where my parents live. Their 3, or so, acres are sandwiched between a corn field and a dairy farm, off a gravel road. From parts of their property you can see the Mississippi River. Its a little remote to say the least. But fun and homey- like a step back in time truly! So we have been here, and they do have internet connection- faster than ours actually, so I don't have truly a reason for not writing, although we forgot our camera cord, so I can't post any pictures, but still again, not a reason not to write.
But, it is late at night and so I shouldn't be writing, but putting out bed together for the night. I will try and write tomorrow about all our exciting adventures in the land of the corn, if that isn't Iowa's state motto, it should be.

1 comment:

Shana said...

How fun, Jackie! Hope you enjoy your time there! (p.s. You can upload pics to any computer from your SD card without your cord. ;)...so, no excuses. ha ha.)