After applying enough guilt, I got my parents convinced to come and hang out with us for an late afternoon/evening during their trip to Vegas this week. So they spent 6 hours in the car yesterday, just to get here, and arrived in their very, Vegas Red Cadillac at about 4. Pat showed up at about 5:30 after stopping at the store for me and the party began- with Matt arrival at 5:30 and Stephanie's and Mary Beth's at 6:45- after they got off work. The only Mogenhan's we were missing were Ian, LeighAnn, and Xanthan. Everyone played outside while the preparing for dinner was going on- hence the crazy pics. We barbecued out hamburgers and I made a few salads and such. It was a lot of fun. At 7 the tv went on so we could all watch Sarah Palin whoop Biden's pathetic tail in the debates. And as it got later in the evening we kept getting louder and louder, especially as we held our own debate with everyone talking/debating/arguing with Patrick, the only Obama supported in the house(thank goodness). Eventually no one was watching the debate because we couldn't hear it. I suppose that is what happens when you get all of us together and also have my kids eat a ton of candy while they frosted and decorated their own sugar cookies. Poor Stephanie, when asked why she was so quiet, said, "How can I top all this?" Isn't family great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Patrick is a smart man!
That sounds like a blast! And I LOVE that your parents have a red vegas cadillac...awesome!
Wow...yeah...Pat and I would have never worked. I would have kicked his butt to the curb the first time he mentioned Obama. That is what the U does to you...turns you into a homo loving liberal tree hugger...gross. Stephanie must be a saint!
Post a Comment