Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our Soccer Experience


So Carter has been on a soccer team this fall, which has been fun and interesting. He enjoys it, it seems, but has no desire to practice outside of scheduled practices, which occur once a week. And on game day he seems more interested in the drink I brought him and roughhousing with his teammates than playing the game. Which might help explain why his team got beat like 15- 0 last Sat. Not that is all Carter's fault, and some games have been closer, althought I don't think we have actually won any, but I also don't think anyone really keeps score. But it does seem like at 4 and 5 years old, most of his teammates have to be brided to be out there playing. Maybe that is why he could care less? Maybe we should sweeten the deal? However, I don't think we will be doing that. It is enjoyable to spend at least an hour out in the nice fall weather and cheer on Carter to victory? Or at least not a tail whoopping! Hey, he did score a goal 2 Saturday's ago!

No comments: