
my dad going through the obstacle course!!! so funny!
Matt going through the box! What a good sport, eh?
Carter on the zip line!
Carter getting ready to make the leap!I did get to take a nap after church today, which was fabulous! Matt slept in the kids room and I slept out on the couch in the living room. The house was quiet because my mom took the kids outside to play- for like 2 hours! So when Matt and I, and my dad, came to we headed outside, with some prompting from Carter. Once outside we realized what Carter, Ella and my mother had been doing for a while. When we first went outside they were swinging on the swing, which was hung from a tree in the back yard.
And then we went to the front of the yard and discovered the kids obstacle course which constisted of jumping over the bluberry "patch", crawling through a long box, circling a tree twice, climbing over the hammock and then running to a different tree and either kicking the soccer ball or throwing the frisbee. Carter demonstrated it for us first and he did a pretty good job. With some of my mother's encouragement, I was convinced to try it. I have to say it was pretty funny trying to get through the box, but I did make it with Carter "helping", or should I say pushing from behind. But the hysterical part came when my dad did it! It was the funniest thing I have seen to see my dad go through the box! And by the time dad went over the hammock, which he basically fell over, I was crying it was so funny. Matt did it too, and basically got stuck in the box, that was super funny too!
After each of us had a turn at the obstacle course, we headed over to the zip line. It is really just for kids cause it sags too much when adults get on it, but Carter had a lot of zooming down it.
After about an hour outside most headed inside. But it was then that Carter and I went out for a bike ride. We brought Carter's bike and I use my moms. While my parents do live off a dirt road- the main road, there is about maybe .5 of their road that is paved, so we do that a couple of times. This time when we did it we brought carrots and fed the super friendly horse, mule and mini donkey which live at the end of their street. They really enjoyed the carrots and we had fun petting them. So after our 25 minutes out we came home and then did the very exciting thing of figuring out dinner. It was a nice afternoon, and why I enjoy hanging out at my parents!!!
1 comment:
haha!! you guys crack me up! I love reading about your family get togethers! It's too bad we left just as you guys were getting to town. If you're ever in Texas (Austin is nice) give us a call!
Post a Comment