Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Princess Ella and her Loyal Subjects!!!







Ella's birthday was on the 22nd and so the Saturday prior we had her a little birthday party. We made our little invites and asked that all the guests come dressed as princesses. Ella was very excited about the party, but I don't think she quite understood what was going to happen. (Carter did have his party a few weeks early, so she did hear a lot about parties, but she did not attend his, anyways.....) So, of course the day of her party she refused to wear her princess dress and I wasn't going to force it on her. She at least dressed in a cute church dress of hers. She had 3 little friends over- Kate, Helen, and Emma and her aunt Stephanie came too. We made crowns, and played, "Pin the Crown on the Princess", which actually didn't go over too well. Ella refused to put the blindfold on and the other girls did it very hesitantly. And for the last game we found bracelets that were scattered all over the back yard, cause you know that every princess needs bracelets. While I was prepaing the pink frosted cupcakes and pink ice cream, Matt helped the girls get their grove on(probably not an appropriate expression for 3 years olds, eh?) in the family room with some fun music. Besides opening presents, this little impromtu activity may have been the girls favorite thing to do. By the way, can you guess what Ella's favorite color is? And then we opened presents! Or course this was Ella's favorite part. After an hour the girls went home with a goodie bag, a pink balloon and hopefully a fun memory- And Matt and I then spent the rest of the afternoon laying around on the couch- Matt watching golf, me sleeping and recovering from the party and all that blasted prep work!

2 comments:

1..2..3..Painter Team said...

Such a beautiful Princess! Little girls are the best.

Angie said...

Wow...you go girl! I couldn't even put together a party for Brooklyn this year. We just did the family thing. (so not like me, but I don't know what's got into me lately). She didn't seem to care though.
The cupcakes look yummy...