
Carter, Matt and our nephew, Derek, attended a Real Salt Lake game 2 Friday night's ago. All of theirs first professional soccer game. Kinda of a long story to write, but one of such generosity, it must be shared. Matt's coworker handed Matt an envelop 2 Monday's ago and said it was for Carter. When Matt told me this, I was worried it was money, but it wasn't it was 2 INCREDIBLE seats to the Salt Lake Real game for the coming Friday night!!!!! And a little note that said, "to get that arm well soon!" I couldn't believe the kindness of his coworker! I was almost speechless when Matt told me it was just too nice. So you say, but what about Carter's cousin? Well, A few days before our sister-in-law, Derek's mom, called up and asked if Derek could spend the night Friday night because they were going to be out of town and Derek's brother and best friend were going to the Real game and would be out late. So when I called to tell her about the soccer game and how I wasn't sure if Derek would want to come and hang out with me, Ella and Linc, I said I could look and see if there were seats close to us if she wanted. She thought would be a good idea and low and behold there was a seat right next to Matt and Carter, so she got it for him and the three of them got to go. It was meant to be!!!! Carter had a lot of fun and Matt did too. It was a wonderful guy night out for them and I felt so grateful for the kindness of Matt's coworker, who truly went above and beyond.
Matt has started his new job! His official title is Joint Venture Liaison. Or at least that is what I think it is. He started last week. It is going to be difficult and a sacrifice for all, but hopefully worth it in the end.
Garden update: I watered my garden on Friday morning before I rushed out of the house. I was proud of myself for being up early enough to water it, but like an idiot, I forgot to turn the hose off! So it was on for over 2 hours before I realized it and called my kind neighbor to have her turn it off. I haven't watered it since- boy was it muddy. I know one should put it on a timer and call it good, but I actually really enjoy watering it every other morning. It also allows be the opportunity to pull some weeds and hem and haw over the growth from the day before. I did pull my first tomato for the plant this morning. There is no blossom rot! All my other red-turning tomatoes have blossom rot! I know the cause, again-watering, but am not sure what to do about it. Some toms have it and others don't? I don't know. My corn is, I don't know what to call it- seeding/pollinating/something and so I am getting little corns finally growing on my fence height stalks! very exciting!
Carter gets to ride his bike tomorrow!!!! YEAH!!!!! That should actually be the title of this post. THE most exciting thing about the summer so far. He still has his cast on, but it has been 6 weeks since the initial break and so the Dr. said tomorrow was the lucky day. What could be better? He has been very good and patient, but still.
This weekend is girls getaway with Matt's family. I am very excited, except for the heat that St. George has. But none the less, the condo has AC and so really it shouldn't be too bad. It is always super fun and I am sure this weekend will not be a let down. Maybe I will post pics from it so as to encourage other family members to come next time!
Last week I went to the Oquirrh(sp) Mountain Temple open house twice! Once with the family on Tues. night and then again on Friday morning with my non-LDS friend. The visit with the family was good. Not the craziness that the Draper Temple open house was. Much quicker and thus the kids were much better behaved. The temple was beautiful! One of the prettiest I have seen. Friday morning, we went super early because it was the second to last day it was open to the public and I was terrified of having HUGE lines and since we didn't have reservations- of them not letting us in. But we got in fine and there was NO waiting, which was wonderful. Once inside the temple it wasn't as busy as Tues night either. All that couldn't have gone better. It was interesting going through the temple with someone who wasn't LDS. It makes you think about each of the rooms and what takes place in there more. I also seriously wondered what was going on through my friends mind. She did go to the Draper Open House, so it wasn't a complete surprise what the inside of a temple looks like, but still. She is devote in her faith, so it makes you wonder if she thinks we are all insane and going straight to hell, or want to make her dump in that baptismal font. I would sure take the second, cause I have had enough friends think I am going to hell. We didn't talk to much about her thought about it afterwards because we also have 5 kids with us- 2 of hers and my 3. And I while I would love to talk more in depth with her even now about it, it can be a difficult thing to broach. Anyways, I love the temple and it was so wonderful to be able to go and have them sooo close to us.
I am now 32 weeks along. No names yet! Now considering Sophie or Sofie. Who knows? I have no major complaints. Yesterday I did have these crazy, SUPER painful contractions and even felt it in my lower back- is that back labor, stuff?!!!! Had them during dinner and even starting crying it hurt so bad. Poor Matt was giving me the most pathetic faces ever. I don't typically have too many contractions prior to labor, but have had them increase with each child. So I don't think it was anything too out of the ordinary. Other than that- I am fine. Feel like I have for forever till this baby comes.
Well, that is all the 'big' stuff. My parents come next week. While should be fun. Have some fun stuff planned with them. Until then---
5 comments:
Hi I just saw your comment. Its a fabulous name! I like how its cute not only for a little girl but for a woman also. I dont know if you remember my mom, but she passed away the 17 of July. So im back in Boise for a while. I hope that all goes well for you and your family! I miss you guys!
-Hanna-
Nice job with the garden! How fun to have corn...Glad Carter gets to ride his bike again and that his arm is healing up good. Good luck with the pregnancy and have fun in St George! I love the heat actually...as long as there is a pool nearby, lol...
love the name - either spelling. it's classic!
Thanks so much for your sweet thoughts!
-Hanna-
Hey Jackie! I just found your blog from Julie's. It's fun to see pictures of your cute kids. One of these days we'll have to get all these cute kids together!
Post a Comment