Been awhile, eh? Lot's has happened worth writing about, but 2 things are the only things occupying my mind. ahhhh... Cat just moved! Poor thing starved for attention that I am not willing to give. Anyways.....
The other stuff worth mentioning before delving into my preoccupied mind. Since last writing, I went to Matt's family girl's getaway! It was really fun, as it always is! It wasn't insanely hot for St. George, which was the biggest blessing. Got some funny pictures and even better memories made. I do love the women in Matt's family. So fun and funny and just great women to be around.
The evening I got home from Girl's getaway my parents came to town. My father had actually been here the whole week before for work. We had dinner with him two nights in a row on his dime, which was super yummy. And the kids really enjoyed themselves as well. It was nice cause Matt was traveling that week and it was nice to get out of the house in the evening, even if I did have to basically man the kids by myself during dinner. Anyways, Matt and my dad hung out the whole weekend I was gone and from my understanding the kids couldn't have had a more wonderful time doing all the stuff I either won't let them do, or just going on really fun outings. Matthew, the most wonderful of husbands cleaned the whole house, mopped the wood floor downstairs and everything, so that I wouldn't have to when I came home. Matt is usually really good at keeping the house clean, or at least having it picked up when I come home from these trips, but it usually isn't clean enough for company. But he went above and beyond this time and I was SOOOOO grateful!
So my parents came to visit. Some asked why have them come soo close to having the baby born... They were here 7 weeks before the due date. It was because it seems they only come, or have recently come, for wedding, or babies being born. It isn't much fun, or much fun can't happen when they do that. So they agreed upon my insistence to visit just to visit and do fun Utah things. So we hiked Stewart Falls, even me, well past the time we should have with no flash light. Carter came too and luckily for his safety Patrick anchored him to the trail on the way down. Me on the other hand was on my own pregnant self. I used Patrick's cell phone as a flashlight, which I desperately needed. I honestly think it was one of the dumbest things I have ever done. My mother said, "No way. white water rafting the Amazon Tributary was the dumbest thing I had ever done...." Well, this was a close second. Matt didn't go because he was out of town until Wed. night. Carter got his cast completely off while my parents were here! That was very exciting! Mom got to meet our wonderful surgeon. I know we saw MB's apartment while up in SLC that visit and also got ice cream to celebrate his cast coming off. His arm looked awesome by the way and he was really good about using it right away! On that Thursday, everyone but me, including Patrick and Mary Beth, hiked Mt. Timpanogos. It wasn't the best experience for everyone. My father got altitude sickness and doesn't remember parts of the trip. My mother freaked out and froze going over some scary rocks and had to be coaxed down. Matt was on the verge of tears(maybe slight exaggeration) at the lake and ate lunch laying down, refusing to even sit up until made to when they left Emerald Lake. Matt and I did it last year for our anniversary and refused to ever do it again. Matt repeated those same words this time around too. We will see. I stayed at home that days with the kids and had a very relaxing day- although I did make an emergency run into my dr. office cause I was having some major crazy pains. But was short lived and to all was well, once they and I got back home!
Friday after a morning of recovering and teasing Matt endlessly about how they, mostly my dad, was never forgive him, nor forget, for making him go on that awful experience. Mom was more gracious. She wanted to go on the hike. Matt did feel really bad about it. anyways... after recouping a little. We spent the afternoon up in SLC with lunch at Le Gourmandese-yum- and then onto the Gateway at the Discovery Center. The kids loved it. I thought mom and dad would have had more fun too, but they trudged along. I think now just grumpy from being still sore ad tired from the day before.
Saturday we went to Matt's work open house and got to show my parents around. The kids had a good time. My mom seemed interested in what is done at the plant.... my father was more interested in candy each department was handing out. Lunch was yummy though. And then off my parents went to see MB on more time before they left and then to catch their respective flights home. It was a good visit. It was disappointing that my father worked every day here except for the day of the hike. What could I do about that though?
After mom and dad left life quickly resumed to normal. Although the next week was the first week Matt traveled for 5 days. I psyched myself up for it and made it through the week with little worse for the wear. Was busy and the kids and I all made it through with the house still standing and my sanity! It wasn't too bad. Although the hard thing about having Matt gone was that it took me like 2 days to be use to him being here and not getting agitated with all these little things he did, which normally don't even bug me, but drove me crazy upon his return home. And then he left again Monday morning. And last week was a hard and long week even though he was gone only 2 nights. He was suppose to be gone 3, but came home early to see Carter off and home to his first day of school. Nothing terrible happened the 2 nights/3 days he was gone. I just struggled. And I don't know if I struggled so much cause of the short weekend with him, or cause I am now 8+ months prego and am just done and exhausted? I had no motivation. I still did stuff- all the baseboards downstairs except for the front room and the upstairs hall baseboards- plus all the usual crap. Those took forever by the way..... you don't know how big your house is until you clean all the baseboards on your hands and knees. We obviously have too big of a house.
Those are the two things occupying my mind. Matt's traveling and my pregnancy. I can't say having Matt gone has been THAT terrible. It has it's bad and good days and we are all doing okay. But I am done with pregnant. I HATE pregnancy. Sure there is the kinda, almost enjoyable parts of feeling the baby move around, but besides that everything else is overrated. I hate the clothes, which are barely fitting these days. And I hate how I have to get up every 2 hours to pee at night. I sleep like crap and always have to sleep with a pillow in between my knees or my hip bones hurt soo bad I can't stand it. I hate how I can't have my kids sit on my lap anymore. I hate how I loath bending over and yet have to do it 100 times a day and get bugged at my kids for leaving anything on the floor I have to pick up. I just hate all of it! This has become a total gripe session, I know........ And I know it will all be over soon, but then I will have 4 kids! How in the world will I do that? although after every pregnancy I have been soooo grateful for that baby because that means I am not pregnant anymore! Yeah!!!!! I have joked that I could have 12 kids as long as the next 8 were delivered to my house in a little basket!!! I pray, pray, pray that we are done. I don't know if I can do another pregnancy. Having said all that...... last week was ugly, or at least parts of it were, but this week has been relatively a good one. While I am still done with this whole baby-making thing, I think heavenly father is blessing me with patience. Maybe I didn't ask for it enough last week. I don't know. I am done gripping for now though.
Carter started school last week. We are soo lucky to live far enough away for the bus. So we all walked with him down to the bus stop last Thurs. Matt recorded it on the camcorder. He played around with his pals while waiting, but when the bus arrived he was all business and barely looked at Matt or I as he stood in line and boarded the bus. I always thought mothers who cried were sooooo lame cause it was just 3 hours and the kid was back home again, but there I was balling like a baby seeing him get on that bus. I don't have a reason exactly, not like I was like 'my sweet little tiny baby!' Just hormones I think. I also tear up every time I have gone into school with him. He likes kindergarten and LOVES the bus!!!! That is all he talks about when you ask him about school- who he sat next to, what the rules were, who his bus driver was, what they said, etc........ He loves that he doesn't have to buckle up. Soooo funny. I like his teacher well enough and have heard good things about her. He likes her too, so that is good. He has a little neighbor girl in his class, which is nice. It has been good so far and he has enjoyed himself. Came home with homework today! Also today was wild hair day, so we spiked his hair up and colored some of the tips pink and blue- he looked soo cute! Too bad I completely forgot to take a picture. He was pretty excited about that.
The other big thing occupying our life right now is soccer. Both Ella and Carter are playing. So we have practise 2 nights a week and a game Friday night and Sat. morning!!!! A little overwhelming! Ella, however, could quite possibly be the cutest little soccer player there ever was. She has got these super cute all pink cleats, which she called clippers, and wears Carter's old purple soccer shorts and wears her headbands and bracelets while playing, not caring a bit about me telling her to take them off. The first game she didn't run after the ball once, or really even move, but just stood there in the middle of the field. Soooo funny. Last game by the end she kind was following the pack. Carter is doing a lot better than last year and it more aggressive and missed making a big goal by just inches last week! So sad, but a confidence builder!
So that is everything. whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck with the new baby! I hope all goes well!
Post a Comment