Should be reading my book for book club, so I can pass it along to someone else, but can't quite seem to get up from the desk to do so!
Am feeling better for the most part. Have left behind the always feeling yucky stage and kinda moved into the I want to throw-up stage. I didn't feel like throwing up much before, just always felt yucky and just more yucky. Don't know how to explain it. But now, I seriously feel like I am going to puke at any moments notice. However, the good thing is it happens only in the morning and if I take some medicine, like I did today, within a half an hour, I feel perfect! I have gained 25 pounds so far and am only 18 weeks along. AWESOME!!!!!! I am a blimp, which is will be so fun to have to kill myself to get off next fall, but easier to worry about it then, then do something now. Well, for now it is at least.
So, as most know about us we go to church every Sunday and stuff. So this last Sunday was Stake conference and as the diligent mormons we are we go because you are suppose to go.... And I say suppose to, because I know you are "suppose" to go because you love it and get so much from it and not strictly out of duty. And normal Sunday's I do feel all that other good stuff. But for Stake conference, we go strictly because I think we will be blessed for being obedient. Because I have to tell you I got nothing out of the two hours we were there. Which is a true shame because Elder Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and he spoke for like 50 minutes and went about 15 minutes over time and I know he gave a great talk, however, I have no idea what it was on. That metal chair I was sitting on was so uncomfortable and I woke up on the wrong side of the hormonal pregnancy bed and had no patience for my kids or my wonderful husband. It was awful and by the time we left I didn't even mind the fact that it has snowed while we were in the building..... mind you it was 4 days ago in LATE April.... but just for that thing to be over. However.......
There was a Saturday night adult session. and I was able to attend. And it was wonderful! I now know why they have them, so those with kids can get sitters and actually get something out of stake conference. Matt was unable to go do to a very important commitment he made a month ago before we realized stake conference was this weekend- he took Carter to the supercross thing up at the U with 3 of his brothers and their boys. As a side note, Carter had sooo much fun and I have never seen him more excited or hyper at 11:30 at night when they finally got home. Okay... back to stake conference. Elder Hales was amazing and so funny, which is what I love about more intimate setting with apostles than say, General Conference. While you do see their personalities some during Gen. Conf. you really see that these wonderful men are people to and are funny and try hard and make mistakes. They are people too, but are also amazing special witness' of Christ. And not only was Elder Hales' talk amazing and edifying and enlightening, but so was Elder Martino, who was a member of the 2nd 70 for whatever they are called. Actually all the talks were sooo good. And I left there with a renewed love for my husband and with a commitment to try and love and enjoy my children more. It was a wonderful night. I do wish Matt had been there, but he was able to attend the priesthood leadership meeting, which he was said was incredible as well. And that night when we finally got him we stayed up too late and discussed all the things we learned and took notes about it. It was good for us and I am grateful to have been able to have gone.
Another neat thing we did in regards to the upcoming stake conference was that we had a special leadership temple night for the ward with a special endowment session with a devotional before hand from the President of the Temple. Since Matt has an "important" calling, heaven's knows they aren't inviting nursery workers to those things, we got to attend. Wives were invited and Matt was very insistent I go. We rarely attend the temple together and I had actually just gone last week, however can you really go to frequently? So we went and it was a full session- it was awesome to see all these people from our stake-none of whom I knew mind you, but we were all there for the same reason! And the thing I got out of that night, was when Matt, who somehow sat on the front front and got to be done before me. Anyways, as he was up at the front doing his thing and I was sitting on the last row and looking at his backside, I thought about how I really do have the most wonderful husband. And isn't he so attractive and he works so hard for me and our family. And he is so kind to me even when I throw a pregnancy-induced fit.... how could I ever do/have done better? Gosh, I am one of the luckiest girls in this room. Unfortunately, I don't think that enough. It was good for me to "realize" it all over again. Hopefully, I will continue to "realize" it for many years to come. More often than not, however.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Jackie ~ What calling does Matt have? Just curious! You will find that it's okay to attend meetings (whatever ones they are)because "you're supposed to". Whatever it takes to get you to where you are supposed to be is okay! Just keep showing up -- there is a great pay off in the end! :)
I feel the same way about church meetings sometimes - that I don't hear ANYTHING they are saying - and I only have one kid! :)
We should go out for dinner one of these weekends. I'm in serious need of a conversation not interrupted by a baby. Bill just finished the semester so the next couple of weekends would be great for us (just not this weekend).
Post a Comment