Thursday, April 2, 2009

Elder's Quorum Nights

Matt goes out once a week for his calling with the Elders Quorum and I really should designate that my Blogging time- at least to make sure it is done once a week. While I HATE putting the kids down to bed by myself cause I swear I yell(nothing invites the spirit like yelling during family scripture time) more during that half hour than I do the whole rest of the week put together, it is kinda nice doing my own thing for a few hours once the kids are down for the night. anyways.....

Right now it is raining and I love it! I can hear it dripping off the porch and I can't tell you how happy I am that it is raining and not snowing... I know that it is going to change to snow sometime tonight and there will be another 3 inches on my poor flowers, but for a little moment at least it is rain! This has been the longest winter of my life. It really messes with your head when it is snowing every other day at the end of March and early April. I have really struggled this past week with it and my mood- I am not kidding when I say it has snowed basically every other day and it is sticking to the ground. I am really wondering if all those bulbs I planted and that are now coming up are dead, or dying. Some have begun to turn yellow- which means too much water? Who knows. What can I do? Besides despair. I saw on Loretta Valenta's blog all the beautiful pictures she put up of spring in Kentucky and I wanted to puke!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of Kentucky..... UK got a new basketball coach, which is very exciting. I am not the fan I use to be because it hard to watch games out here without cable and the one or two that have been on CBS over the years are on at like 10 Sat. morning- not the best time to be sitting in front of the tube for 2 hours. Anyways, but it has been exciting reading what everyone has been saying. I hope this brings the team some level of success!

So the rest of my house has been unpacked since about the week after we moved in. However, my front room, which is where I sit now, which is also our office/den with a desk and a nice leather couch. Anyways, this room had had boxes in it for the last 10 months. I have kept saying that I want bookshelves in here and that when I finally get them I will empty out the contents of the boxes and put it on the bookshelves. Well, what is funny about Matt and I is that sometimes can burn through money on dumb stuff- like going out to eat. And other times we spend 10 months finding just the right, ie cheap enough, bookshelves. And I think we found them! We got them off KSL, the world's best classifieds that a news station does here in SLC. We got them from this crazy, crazy expensive house- is currently listed for a lean 2.5 mil with only 10,000 sqft. But I feel we got a good deal for them and I think they look awesome. There are a few places that you can tell they are not new, but after about 10 minutes in our house anyways they will look trashed so what is a few minor scratches and such. The problem now though, cause there is always a problem, is that the boxes have been emptied and the shelves are still very much empty. What to fill them with? well, books, and pictures and such, but I have a ton of space left to fill. I did bring my Llardro(sp) down finally from my room and is now displaying it, which is fun cause it has been a long time there has been a place safe enough in our home to really display it. Anyways, exciting for us.

I think I am going to try and take a gardening class put on by someone and place around here. I want to have a garden, but the ground here has to be treated and fertilized and a bunch of other stuff. I am not used to having to do stuff, besides just plant the items, that I am lost. I did do tomatoes last year, and it was not a bumper crop like I had hoped. I am wanted to do seeds this year- because where do you buy the started plants? I am seriously clueless. But I think a class would be useful and not too pricey. I haven't signed up yet and am hoping it is not full.

Not too much else is going on to speak of. We had a fondue night at church and I ate enough to be feeding/supporting 10 kids in this belly. It was awesome and for the eating purposes alone I love being pregnant. Course, it is going to suck getting it all off this coming fall/winter/spring, but live it up now, eh?

I have noticed recently that I am not as social as I was. Since Christmas actually. It was a super busy month and kept to myself, except for all the parties. And then I got pregnant and sick pretty quickly after. I have realized that some people I was talking with daily, or 3 or 4times a week at least, I haven't talked to for a month. I was soo concerned when we first moved here of having friends and figuring out the whole social thing in a new ward, but now have nothing to do with it and am not the least bit concerned. funny. I know it has a lot to do with just feeling yucky and not wanting to leave my cave, I mean house, and I wonder if my feelings will change again when I finally start feeling better. Even then though when the baby is born I know I will be pretty consumed with it and nursing and finding time to get a little sleep and keep my sanity. I just don't know how other moms are so active and social. I can't do it- pregnant or not, although I have completely gone the other way of being social now. anyways, some self reflection.... whatever it is worth.

Matt and I are considering going somewhere this summer- just the two of us. My mom, in some crazy state of mind, said she would come out here and watch my kids for us sometime this summer. I couldn't believe she said that, especially considering the last nightmare, er....time. When I brought it up with her again, she was like what? I said that? It took a little bit of jogging, but she remembered. So, Matt and I trying to figure out where and when. We may just go to Maine and visit Camp by ourselves. The problem is with going anywhere is of course that I am going to be 8.5 months along. So I don't want to do hot, or beach or even somewhere super touristy where I am going to want to walk around a ton. So Maine may be just perfect- relaxing and I can get in a bath suit if I choose and not have everyone around there wonder about the whale laying on the beach that came in with the tide. The only problem I thought of last night while lying in bed waiting for sleep to come, is that it is soo dark there at night, it would be scary if it were just Matt and I. I have never been at Camp before without at least my family, but usually a bunch of people. There could be other people there- who knows- we would have to check the schedule of course. It would be funny cause we were going to try and go as a family with my parents and maybe Pat and Steph and Ian and LeighAnn coming along- but we decided to bring everyone would be sooooo expensive. Especially this year.... but maybe we are going to go afterall.

Matt got home a long time ago, but I have continued to write and kinda ignore him, so I should go.

1 comment:

Stylin' Binder's said...

You crack me up! So i can come help u fill those shelves with all those fun craft stores over there girl! Yo should have stayed in boise its going to be 70 degrees on monday.....