With as much time as I spend on this blasted computer you would think I would post all the time. But having to commit to writing a whole entry seems daunting to me. Funny, huh?
Well, the most exciting thing that has happened recently was that Ella had her surgery- 1.5 weeks ago now. It was for her naval hernia. There was some concern before hand if she would have the surgery on the scheduled day due to her getting over a cold, but it was fine. The surgery was same-day and only took about 30 minutes. The post surgery was a little crazy because Ella was not liking the hospital and seemed to be in a bit of pain. But as soon as we left the hospital and get her settled in the car she was fine and in good spirits. Her belly looks great! And she loved to show it off! I think although the actually surgery was a little scary, I think she loved all the attention and gifts, flowers and a teddy bear from Nana and Baba and a beautiful quilt from Grammi. Also, all the phone calls and even a package in the mail from Nana and Baba!
We go for the check-up in a week and a half and I think all should go well.
So besides Ella's surgery..... we had Easter! Which was fun and tiring!!!! Patrick came and had dinner with us Sat. night and hung out and colored Easter eggs with us. It was exciting in the sense that we only crushed almost every egg the kids touched and only spilled 1 of the dyes! So.... it definitely could have been more eventful. The kids seemed to enjoy it though, despite the broken eggs. They were very excited for all their candy in the morning and went to sleep quickly which was nice for a change. Actual Easter morning could have been better just because the kids woke up at like 5:45!!!! and couldn't be convinced to go back to sleep otherwise! It was awful!! I refused to have them find their baskets before 7! But at 7 with the Easter eggs hide, that's Matt's family tradition- all the colored eggs the Easter bunny hides in the house- and then the actual Easter baskets hid, my family tradition- the Easter bunny hides the baskets- we came down stairs and promptly found everything that needed to be found and gorged themselves on candy! What could be better for breakfast? We did cut them off at 8 though, to hopefully have them crash before church, or at least with us rather than with their teachers. Church was fine actually. Probably most difficult for me- just cause nursery is kind hard! Anyways... It was a good morning. And I spent the whole afternoon cooking in prep for a nice Easter meal, which I did accomplish!!! We had a wonderful ham and biscuits, green beans, frog eye salad- courtesy of my sister-in-law Bunny who gave me the acini de pepe via the Parker and Gisella express- and what else? something, but I can't remember..... hmmm. anyways, I didn't even bother with dessert- first cause of all the candy, who needs more sugar? And also because we went to family birthdays and I knew there would be cake there. Mary Beth spent our meal with us and also attended birthdays and it was really nice to have her there. So our Easter was good- pretty uneventful, but fun and nice to spend it with such wonderful people.
So those 2 things are kinda our big things that have happened! But other smaller stuff has happened too! Like it reverted back to winter for all of last week! Thursday, I think it was, I woke up with like 3.5 inches of snow on the ground! I wanted to kill mother nature! Truly!!! Matt called me up that morning and wished me a Merry Christmas! Sure felt like it! I don't care if the snow doesn't last long- it should be happening at all in the middle of April! I am really bent about it! Luckily- I think the weather has redeemed itself because it is going to be like 60-70+ for the next several days! One of the reasons I have hated the cold so much despite it just being dumb that it is snowing in April, is that I have few winter maternity clothes. I know I lived in Boise in the winter when I was pregnant with Lincoln, but I don't have much clothes. I know I had to throw out 2 pairs of pants at the end of the pregnancy cause they were just too holey in places no one needs to see. But I think I may have just worn short sleeves and kept the heat up high because we were living in the apartment then and weren't paying for the heat! I just don't know what I did. But I am dying to wear something different than the poor pathetic grab I have been wearing for the last 2 months! I swear!!!!! Urg.... ok enough ranting.
One thing I have done recently and I am so excited about it is that I signed up for gardening class through the extension office. I wanted to plant a garden this year and since I know gardening here is sooo different than in KY where I last had a garden, I wanted to do it right. In Kentucky gardening consisted of putting stuff in the ground and watching grow like crazy! It was awesome and I was a good gardener with little effort! I LOVED it! Here, I know it is different cause I have heard stories and I have looked at how my grass grows, which is cruddy without a ton of water and fertilizer! So... I wanted less trial and error and more success! So I signed up for this 3 week class. I have thus far attended 2 weeks of it and learned a TON! It has been awesome and I am very excited for my garden! I don't think I am up to the same level of gardening as those in my class and I definitely don't have the same amount of land as it seems most had, but I am learning and one day- who knows maybe we will have 1/4 acre of land! but for now I have an 11X11 space! but I am very excited about what I am going to be growing.... tomatoes, green beans, corn, cucumber, zucchini, and peppers. With beans, corn and toms being my biggest taker-upers of space. Just 1 cucumber and zucchini plant and only 2 pepper plants. Oh, and I am going to do Heirloom tomatoes, which I love and am very excited about. Also, I am going to do several pots of herbs! It should be fun. I don't know how I am going to be weeding much while huge pregnant, but we will deal with that when we come it, eh?
Pregnancy is still trucking along. I haven't been experiencing as much morning sickness, but still managed to throw up this week. YUCK! While I have been feeling better physically, I am still struggling emotionally. I just don't feel like my normal self. I am soooo tired. My mother actually suggested asking my doctor for my iron to be checked, which I think I will do, but my next appt. still isn't for 3 more weeks. I also have 0 motivation to do anything that I don't have to do. I am hoping that it not me, but just the pregnancy. Matt keeps laughing at me cause he doesn't think I am lazy, but I just feel lazy... I really do hate being pregnant and I really, really hope that this is the last time. Is that awful? I don't care at this point!
I planted 180 bulbs- I think I have mentioned that. Well, my daffodils have come up and are very pretty! BUT, the girls in my neighborhood are swiping them and I am soo bugged about it! I counted 7 flowers missing tonight! The flowers are right by the sidewalk, so an easy swipe, but all these girls are old enough to know better and don't their parents say something when they come walking in with these huge daffodils flowers? I am so bugged! I need to put up a sign, or my neighbor said that I need to get a slingshot! That isn't too bad of an idea too!
This past week has been spring break, which doesn't mean a whole to us considering Carter only is in preschool. But he did have a pretty exciting week with going to Grammi's and Grandpa's and watching a movie and eating a ton of junk one night. And then the next night he went to his cousins house for a sleepover, which he LOVED! And then the following evening he went to his little best friends birthday party at Classic Skate! He had so much fun and it was soo fun listening to him tell us all about it! He is getting so big! Matt was dying! I think especially to cause that was where he learned to skate! It is fun to see him do things he enjoys so much!
So I finally bought Carter a baseball glove 2 days ago. About time considering he has his first practise on tues. Have I mentioned that poor Matt has signed up to be the coach and I am the team mom? Poor Matt cause he has no idea what to do with these kids. He had to get me out there to show Carter how to throw. But once Carter learned how to throw correctly- he throws really good, I am very impressed. And last night after the 3 of us got done practising in the back yard Carter said, "Baseball is fun! Lets practise tomorrow!" My dad would be so proud!!!
Today was actually a good and productive Saturday. I got done everything I had on my list to do, which never happens! True there wasn't a ton on it, but still....... I got it all done! And even did some stuff that wasn't on my list- like 5 loads of laundry, now that we know our dryer isn't going to blow up. We were having problems with it overheating and I was seriously worried it was going to catch fire? Can that even happen? Well, if it could, surely it was going to happen to us. But a kind neighbor and Matt took the king apart this afternoon and cleaned it really good and made sure it looked ok. So I have still been keeping an eye on it and I think that it is going to have to be fixed by a professional, but at least I can use it, which I am very grateful! What did people do before modern technology? I suppose their HOA's let them have clothes lines, eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So fun to read what's going on with you guys. Your fun personality shows through your writing...I love it! I can totally hear you just telling me all about it... :) Good luck with the garden this year, and hopefully some of your flowers will survive those naughty girls! :)
I can understand how you're feeling being pregnant right now. I felt that way, unmotivated, unproductive, EXHAUSTED (except for the sickness... didn't have that) and I think I was getting some kind of hormonal depression... I thought that happened postpartum and not DURING! Anyway, memory of those feelings (and the miscarriage) have made me so leary about getting pregnant again... I just don't want to feel that way again, you know? Although it's time, and I know it... I am so jealous about your garden! I should look into some gardening classes at the extension office as well... I have a VERY black thumb, it would seem! ANd it's very difficult to grow things here, especially since our growing season is so short...
Good luck with your flowers!
I love reading your blog Jackie :)
Good luck with your garden! It sounds fantastic!
Oooh gardening sounds fun! And that's gotta be so nice to have family so close to hang out with all of the time. I bet it takes some of the load off too.
I'm sure it's your hormones making you moody... That's what I hear at least, and that is/will be my excuse! :) I want to see more pictures!!
Post a Comment