First of all, I never know what to title these entries! because I probably don't post enough I always have like a hundred little things I want to write about.... maybe I should title them at all..... an idea... I will think about.
So like a million little kids at this time of year, Carter started soccer for the season last Thursday actually. A mom there asked if he was excited about playing......He could care less about playing. He was super bugged he had to leave his friends who he was playing with. And it could have a lot to do with me because anything to do with soccer is a huge mad dash out the door, including changing clothes in the car, wolfing something edible down on the drive there and my less than excited attitude once we get there--- because of the constant watch I have to keep on Ella and Lincoln who are playing on the playground and because none of the other moms care to even learn my name, which isn't that big of a deal. I usually bring a magazine to read. Anyways, you can tell it is the beginning of the season cause Carter, who I typically think of as athletic, although not sporty, can't run to the fence and back with the rest of his team. He ends up walking back. I was surprised, but it has been a long and lazy winter, I suppose. So Carter could care less about playing until Matt walks out unto the field because the poor coach, who was last years assistant coach, looks a little lost. Somehow, despite the fact that Matt knows NOTHING about soccer signs up to be the assistant! Carter is now loving playing. He even asked my a day or two after practise when he was going to play again. Unfortunately for him we have a baptism the day of his first game, so both carter and the asst. coach are out!!!!
And I must say Matt is super dad cause not only did he volunteer to be Carter's asst. coach for soccer, he is the head coach for another sport which he has no earthly idea how to coach- little league/t-ball! We don't know yet which it is! I am team mom! It should make for an exciting season!
So I have been talking about seeing old friends on here recently and so I thought I would share another experience I had last week! For me, and I think a lot of kids had it, I had this one adult when I was 11/12/13 that I loved and clung to! It was my Merry(?) Miss and then my first beehive teacher, Marcia Armstrong. I imagine now she was like why does this kid want to hang around all the time and spend the night at my house? But she was very kind to me and just let me tag along and treated me like on of her kids. Well, she moved to Virginia when I think I was 13- I don't know dates exactly, but she moved and we kinda kept in touch. I did go and visit her once when she was in VA. Well, now as adults we have kinda kept in touch. And I knew that she moved out here to Utah. So after I had been here awhile I decided to email her and see if she wanted to get together. I wanted to show her my kids and that I grew up to a be a respectable, functioning member of society! It took us a while to actually do it cause life is busy! but this past week the weather was too beautiful, so I called her and asked if she wanted to meet at a park and let the kids run around like kids do, all crazy, and have us talk. So much has happened to both and I since I saw her last when I was 17!!! and it was so fun to see her. She looks exactly the same. And I still look up to her like I did almost 15 years ago now. Her kids and so cute and she has the most adorable grandkids. I love seeing and catching up with old friends. I love to see how God works in our lives and how we live through and overcome sometimes the most difficult of things. While the Internet can be horrible, it has allowed me to see and connect with people from long ago and it has been soo fun!
This past Sunday was my first one in nursery! It was ok. A little 2 year old told me I was an idiot! That was awesome! I am going to try hard and do it. But I do feel already that it is going to be isolating.... but I am going to try and try really hard.
I am now 13.5 weeks along. I still feel crappy, but am doing okay with that Zofran! Thank goodness for it! I went maternity clothes shopping this weekend! That was super. I am definitely needing to wear them and totally am in love with my maternity garments which are allowing me to breathe again!!!! I do think the fabulous weather, minus this whole week- it totally snowed all day today!- helps me feel better. I love spring! I have like 180 bulbs I planted in the fall and some of them have started to come up and I worry that this cold we are having this whole week is going to ruin them and then I am going to be sooooo mad!!!!!! Anyways, I love the warm weather and being outside and opening the windows during the day. I think the thing I love most of all though is the fact that I don't have to wear long sleeves! And I can wear flip flops!!!
Okay- that is all. All my random thoughts and activities of the recent days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL I love reading your posts Jackie. It's always fun to see what's going on in your life. I'm glad that medicine seems to help you feel better! Hang in there!
And hang in in Nursery. I don't envy you... (and yet, why do I feel it coming in the future?)
Your posts are so funny. But I love how they tell what is going on in you life. When I would babysit, Carter would run laps around the back yard. It was so funny to watch. Tell him good luck with soccer!
-Hanna-
Thanks for the comment on my blog, haha! Ok, loved the note abut that nursery kid!! I've never had that calling but it sounds so funny! I can just hear your voice as I read it.
And yes, I have no clue how bad it would be if Brian was the one who had to be pregnant... We really would never have kids... Ever.
I love your posts! It almost feels like you are in th same room with me chatting!! Glad to hear the Zofran works for you. It constipated me so bad that I ended up in the ER! Wish you were closer! I would love to get to know your kiddos! Miss ya!
Post a Comment