So I really need to blog more...... at least when I am sitting in front of the computer I can feel like I am doing something somewhat productive rather than staring at a screen like the bored, drone that I am. I feel like blogs should be for important, big things, which hardly ever happen to me, so I struggle with writing. But I think I have written all this before.... and it will probably not be my last, but I will write about some other random stuff below..
So, Matt has been out of town for the last several nights. My wonderful sister signed on to stay with me to help me stay sane, which was super wonderful! I am not sure what I have done without her. She was very kind to me and the kids. Matt went to the Mountain West tournament in Las Vegas. It was his guys trip- I had my girls trip a few weeks ago now.- Maybe one day I will blog about that. Anyways, I have hated having him gone and don't think I am going to be taking any girls trips anytime soon, so that he can't take any guys trip. I suppose he has had a nice time though.
After coming home from my trip, which my "all-day" sickness acted pretty decently, as long as as I ate constantly, I was put on my butt. I think the lack of good sleep and naps, and being much more active on the trip contributed to me feeling like total crap for the 3 days after I got home. But I went to the Dr. on Thurs. for my first official appt. I was ten weeks along then- 12 now! Yeah! And by the way, my due date is Sept 29! So three in Sept.! I am thinking group birthdays! Okay, I digress. So I told me dr. that the unisom B-6 thing wasn't working and she was kind enough to suggest Zofran, which has worked like a dream! It is a generic and cost me $5, but Matt said he would have paid $100 for the bottle, which only lasts 15 days by the way. But it has made me feel like a human being again. It has been wonderful! So as long as I get an afternoon nap, things are good in pregnancy land.
I have been released from my calling as Relief Society Secretary this past Sunday, which was kinda sad. I enjoyed working with the sisters and it really helped me get to know a lot of people quickly in the ward. So no one goes too long without a calling and so my new one is Nursery Worker! My first response was, "Are you kidding me?" Which Matt promptly said, "be nice" I was nice, I didn't swear! So I don't know 100% if I am going to a worker or not cause once I started crying the poor bishopric member, was like 'well, let me go back and talk to the bishop about it.' The initial shock has worn off now, and while I am not thrilled with the calling, I could do it if I must, until the baby is born! I said I would be done then.
All else is well. I do spend a lot of time wondering how much Obama is screwing up my kids future! but hey! What can I do? Spring if slowly coming! some of my tulips are coming up. did i even write how in the fall I planted over 180 tulips and some other kid of flower, which I can't remember. I also bought more bulbs this week for Dahlia's, which are like the most beautiful flower! I am a sucker for bulbs! We will see how they come up! Hopefully well! Not too much else that I can think of. Kids are well. Matt's fine.
I did have good visits this week from my friend, Cara, who was done here visiting from Boise. It is my first friend I have seen from Boise, since we have left. It is good to reconnect with old friends. It just made me feel good.. Also had dinner last Sunday with an even older friend, Meg Bair, who isn't Meg Bair anymore and hasn't been for sometime, but some names die hard! She is now Megan Buehler. She has a wonderful husband and baby girl. We invited them over several months ago now for a Sunday dinner and then after many tries they had us over. It again felt good to see old friends. I was friends with her in 8th and 9th grade. It helps you remember who you are and maybe who you wanted to be. My good friend, Samantha, who I have remained friends with since high school- one of the few, who I have stayed friends consistently with, at least, is coming here and staying with us 2 Mondays from now! I am so excited to see her. It has been awhile, not as long as Meg was initially, cause I did see frequently when we lived in KY, but it has been 3 years maybe. So old friends! Such fun!
I need to go. I have been ignoring the kids and I have laundry to be done because tomorrow, cause as you may well know- Saturday is a special day, a day to get ready for Sunday!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Jackie-that IS sad that you were released from secretary! I GAVE you that calling...lol :) NURSERY??! OH man...I know you'll do great though...especially now that you have some zofran, lol...Do they KNOW that you're pregnant? sheesh...lol. It's hard enough with me being in primary...dealing with kids between the ages of 2 and 8 every day of the week now. Phew! And Ric's been gone every Sunday pretty much since before Christmas. NOT fun times for me...
I meant: "the Lord gave you that calling" lol...not me... :)
Hey... it sounds like you and your family are doing well. I know that you will do amazing in the Nusery! Good luck anyway... and would Megan Bair maybe be related to A Joe Bair? My cousin married a Joe Bair so I dont know. Just thought that I would ask.
Jackie, We loved getting together with you! I found a couple of cars when I moved the couch yesterday, so I'll stick them in an envelope and mail them to you.
Blue Room, I am related to most people who spell their last name Bair. I am not sure how I am related to Joe Bair, but if you talk to him ask him if he knows of "Uncle Elmer." My dad is David Bair, his dad is Lowell "Pete" Bair, his dad is Elwood Bair, and his dad is Joseph Elmer Bair.
So fun to read about you and your family! I'm glad that you have found some relief from "pregnancy crap"! And I am shocked that they thought of a pregnant lady for nursery!! I loved being in nursery when Ruby was in there, but I would have hated it being pregnant!!
It also made me laugh reading about you not wanting another girl trip so that Matt couldn't have a boy trip!!! I am so the same way!! :) Sean wonders why I don't get excited for him when fun things come up!
Anyway, I hope that you have the most awesome nap ever today!
Post a Comment