I wrote this about a week ago and decided to sit on it until we told Matt's family at birthday's .... I am posting now, though! So still feeling yucky and being a bum. I don't know what else I am going to post until i am done being sick cause all I do is lay around, sleep, eat and eat some more! I have gained 5 pounds already! It is sweet! Anyways, here is my big news!
So..... I haven't written in a little while. And it is because something is preoccupying my mind, time, and physical being, and I have decided that I am going to share it cause I don't have much else to talk about. Plus, I feel like I am being fake if I write that is all is great, when maybe I am not. I always have been bad at secrets, and now is no different. And if you read my this then you are in our secret, which I suppose isn't going to a secret much longer.... So have you any idea what my secret is?
So we are pregnant! I am about 8 weeks along. So I think I am due in the very beginning of October, which may turn into Sept.- so that would be 3 in Sept, if that were to happen. It wasn't unexpected becuase we had my IUD taken out between Christmas and New Year's. But it sure did happen quickly- poor Matt. 3 of our 4 have been one and done- my friend is probably correct in saying we are super furtile. But I am happy about it. I am now looking at the kids a little more lovingly.....
It has been exciting, of course.......until the yucky "morning", or more actually all-day sickness set in!!!! I truly thought I wouldn't have any. Which maybe was just dumb thinking. Becuase while I have been sick for all of my kids, each pregnancy was better than the previous, but I have reverted, which hasn't been fun, to say the least. So I have been sick all day long for about a week now. I haven't been throwing up luckily, but just feel sooooooo yucky! And I am eating all the time to try to calm my stomach. Here comes the 55 pounds I like to gain during my pregnancies. Urg...... I have actually felt ok today, for most of the day at least. I don't know why. I have drank a bunch of COKE, which I know you are not suppose to have caffiene, but if it makes me feel good- I DON'T care!
I HATE being sick and have fretted about it since I have become so. Here is why..... When I first told my mom about my pregnancy, after congratulations, she asked, "So are you going to have morning sickness while we are in Florida?" At that time, I hoped not, but alas that is not to be. So I am very worried about spending all this money and then just wanting to lay in the hotel room on the bed! Super! I am just praying that doesn't happen. Although even if I am not sick sick, I know I am not going to be riding a bike around the islands! I know that is cause I seriously out of breathe walking up the stairs! And I am really having a hard time regaining it. Am I THAT out of shape? Jeepers. Will be doing lots of prayering and getting some blessings that I am not sick for the 6 days we are there!!!
So we told the kids, well Carter, Ella was pretty much asleep, tonight that we are having a baby. Carter was excited. He asked what we wanted a boy or girl? We said the very PC answer that either would be super, which truthfully it would! But I would like to go on record as saying I think it is going to be a boy- and we are going to be naming him Truman. Anyways, Carter said he wants a boy AND a girl. Heaven help us if that were the case, although that may explain me being so out of breath. We told Carter it was a secret and not to tell poeple, we will see how well that goes!!! Who knows, maybe he can keep a secret!
So I am telling becuase I have had a really hard time not telling poeple. Not that I want to run up to everyone I see and say, "Guess what? I am pregnant!!!" But when poeple have asked so... what's new? what's going on? I feel like they know and are seeing if I will tell the the truth. I was lying about it when poeple asked me, cause lots of poeple know we have been trying, but Matt was like 'you are lying!'... So I have only been telling poeple when they straight up ask me. And now that I am not feeling well, when poeple ask me how I am what am I suppose to say? Yeah, I am doing great, don't mind me while I lie down. So now, I won't feel like I have to hide it, as much.
And I haven't wanted to tell poeple, surprisingly to what I have written about, becuase when you tell as early as I am, poeple will say at about 35 weeks, you are still pregnant? I thought you would have had that thing like 5 weeks ago!!! THat is what happened with my first pregnancy! I obvioulsy wasn't friends with the kindest, most sensitive poeple. Hopefully that won't be happening this time around.
Anyways, there you go.... now you know. I am sure those of you out there will be hearing a lot more about it in the weeks/months to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
hip hip hooray! I am so excited for you guys. Sorry you feel like trash...atleast you get something sweet in the end. Julie
Congrats Jackie! How exciting to be adding to your family! :) What do the kiddos think? We always found that some were happy and some were not -- BWHAHAHA! :) Not like THAT changes a thing! Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Congrats!! That is so fun!! I admire you for taking on another one.
How fun, Jackie! Well, not the sick part, lol! :D
I'm betting on a girl...hee hee.
I had a feeling there was going to be another little president soon! How awesome! Hope you get to feeling better soon though! Miss you and your crazy self!
I had a hunch...! Congrats! Hopefully you get feeling better in the next few weeks. That's exciting! (for you, anyway...lol)
Congrats Jackie! I hope the morning/day sickness goes away quickly for ya! It's exciting!!!
Congratulations Jackie! How exciting!!
Congratulations! Do yourself a big favor and get some nausea prescription drugs for your florida trip. They are a life saver when you just have to feel better! I look forward to hearing how the rest of your pregnancy goes.
Jackie that is so exciting!!! This is Hanna by the way... I used to watch ella and cater and sometimes Lincon. But I am so glad that I fould you! The kids have grown up SO much. I still have pictures on my phone of them playing outside. haha... But anyway this is my blog site... shetheman.blogspot.com
I hope to hear from you and I hope that everything is good!
-Hanna-
sorry... I put cater not Carter!
-Hanna-
Wow! Congrats! My due date is Sept. 28th!! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better-
Post a Comment