Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Birthdays!

Today is Matt's birthday! And man is he old! Well, 3 years older than me and that is all that counts! It has been a quiet birthday, which is suppose how they all are after you reach 16! Anyways.... it is funny, but not haha funny, but funny that today I worked so hard making practically a million cupcakes to bring to Matt's work as a surprise that I am now completely exhausted and in a kinda grouchy mood! Typical.... the cupcakes turned out fabulous, but it all turned out to be a 5 hour event! And I made cupcakes for one of my closest friends whose birthday was yesterday. So like 4 dozen cupcakes in 24 hours! All from scratch, even the frosting. Martha Stewarts Living Magazine in the Febuary one, has the most amazing cupcake recipes! So they all tasted and looked like a million bucks, if I do say so myself. But have left me feeling pooped. If we had money, I would have ordered dinner in cause I didn't want to make it and stand at the kitchen counter any longer. I do feel bad though cause I wanted tonight to be a good one for Matt cause we weren't doing anything super exciting for his birthday- dinner, cake and ice cream and us singing to him was about it- and to not have been be in the most-love-you-you're-the-best-husband-ever mood doesn't make the night even more fun! He even didn't get any exciting gifts- just clothes, which he got this past weekend not wrapped and with the tags still on them. But the kids, with my help, did get him a "World's Greatest Dad" pin to wear at work! Anyways....... probably making it sound much bigger than it is! I do hope he, and he said he did, have a wonderful birthday! Nothing makes you feel better than having poeple remember it is your birthday! And I do love Matt and am grateful to spend another year of his life with him!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

I think you are awesome for braving to make as many cupcakes as you did. I bet he loved the fact that you worked so hard. You are so amazing Jackie! And Happy Birthday Matt!!

Shana said...

Aww, tell him Happy Birthday a day late from us. We really need to get together again, Jackie. :D

Shanna said...

You're brave to make them all from scratch. I'd probably buy the box. But thanks for letting me know where I can find "from scratch" recipes. Tell Matt Happy Birthday!

Megan said...

What a cool idea to take cupcakes to Matt's work - from scratch no less. Wow!

Loretta Valenta said...

Happy Birthday to Matt! :) WOO-HOO for cupcakes! :)

Jennifer said...

Happy late birthday! And you are such a nice wife... making all of those cupcakes!