Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Lights.... And Matt's Pride!







The morning of Thanksgiving Matt put two strands of Christmas lights out on the front of our house. Just over the porch and garage. It looked okay, but very lacking, but what do you do? So the guy down the street from us put his Christmas lights up..... way more than two strands and all around the second story of his home. Upon driving by this Matt declared, "If Kevin can do it, I am so going to do it!" After some talking about it and not coming up with a way for Matt to get up that high, I prodded him, several times actually, to call Kevin ask him for advice, or at the very least to borrow his ladder. So after telling Matt Kevin's number and reminding him to call, he did. Matt said he was only going to ask for his consultation, but as it ended up Kevin was going to be coming up in an hour to help. Sooo.... Kevin comes with ladder in hand and "helps" Matt with the lights. Helps is all relative because while it is true Matt has never hung Christmas lights besides on the gutter and did need to be shown how exactly it all worked, but Kevin basically did everything including take the screen out of the window! So once out on the roof, Matt helped Kevin by basically staying out of his way. Matt stayed as far away from the edge of the roof as humanly possible and rocked himself while in the fetal position till Kevin said he was all done! (although in the pictures it does look like Matt is actually helping) Now you may think I am being mean about Matt, but he was actually the first one who said this! And Kevin is so nice... I kept telling him I am going to bake him a pie, which I actually did this morning... But he kept saying he was glad to help. That night in bed I asked Matt how he was going to get the lights off the tree- he said he was calling Kevin! And poor Matt, fearful of heights and not known for being graceful, probably best he stay off the roof. I said next year, we are not going to ask Kevin for help, either we don't put them up, or we hire it out.

1 comment:

Us said...

Wow, Matt, you look like you've been busy. We miss you guys!
-wendy and joseph