Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One and a half years later....



Will skip all the stuff that I haven't written about in the last 1.5 years! Will never catch up otherwise. But what is funny about the pictures that are currently on my blog are that Lincoln in them is almost as old as Maggie is now!
I actually wasn't planning on picking up this nearly dead venture, but I received an email from Matt's cousin saying she finally updated hers after promising over and over again to herself that she would finally write in her journal! And since about my only resolution of the year is to write in my journal, I thought maybe a blog would be better? Can I do it? Don't like 80% of people break their New Year's resolutions? Well, the odds don't seem to be in my favor... we will see.
Last night after 6 agonizing nights, I finally finished Gone with the Wind, which I was reading for book club. So today I have wandered around the house wondering what to do with myself! Matt couldn't be happier cause I have been ignoring him for those last 6 nights! Since I have all this extra time, I thought I would write.. on here! Probably have a lot other more 'important' things to do, but ha who needs it?
So in the last 1.5 years the most important thing we have done as a family, or maybe I should say Matt and I did was add our beautiful Margaret(Maggie) Alice to the family! She is a darling little girl. So tiny and so wordless. The kids fawn over her and even Lincoln today told me, "Mom, I am a good big brother, huh?" She is so spoiled by them. She is so enjoyable and fairly easy going, which has been a nice change over the other 3! I took some pics of her today climbing into the drawer which we keep the kids plates and bowls. After trying it once, she went and retrieved her baby from the family room and carried her by her hair, which is how she carried her everywhere, and placed her in the drawer too, so she could join in the fun! If you look closely she has multiple Electrosal tablets in the drawer with her too. She loves those things and we are now finding them everywhere downstairs. She is such a funny little duck!

2 comments:

Dennis and Bonnie Danielson said...

What a little cutie...and your place looks amazing. What a great house. One of these times when we are in the valley we will have to take a trip around the lake and see your place! Glad you are blogging again.

Laurie said...

It was fun to see pictures of cute little Maggie! We need to come and see your house too. Hope you are doing well.